Bird flu is a disease caused by infulenza virus. There are 3 types of this type of virus, the type A, B, and C. Type A is the influenza virus found in animals such as pigs, poultry, horses, seals, and whales but can be transmitted to humans. While the virus types B and C only infect humans and can not be transmitted to animals.
Symptoms that appear in birds that suffer from bird flu sufferers include:
- Decreased production and hatchability of eggs / can even stop altogether
- Respiratory disorders like the sound of people snoring
- Reddish feet
- Removes fluid from the eyes and nose
- Inflammation of the nostrils
- Swelling on the head and face
- Hair loss and diarrhea
- Sudden death occurred
Those are the symptoms that occur in poultry, the following symptoms that occur in humans:
- Having respiratory infections (ARI)
- High fever (temperature reaches 38 ° C or more
- Cold cough and sore throat
- Dizziness and clear mucus from the nose
- Inflammation of the lining of the eye and lungs
- Diarrhea and vomiting
Patients with bird flu must be treated immediately so that the body’s condition does not deteriorate quickly. The patient will experience pneumonia and decreased immunity, if the condition is so, the patient is usually not helped anymore.
Treatment. For animals that have contracted bird flu, it must be immediately discarded and burned so as not to spread to humans. Usually to reduce the disease in humans will be given anti-viral drugs such as amantadine, rimantadin, oseltamifir, zanamivir. But it turns out bird flu is immune to this type of drug. So until now there has not been a truly effective drug for the disease. Immediately bring the affected person to the hospital to be treated further.
Because there is already known danger and there is no effective drug from the bird flu disease, then you should prevent you from getting the disease. The trick is:
- Get used to washing with anti-septic soap and do disinfection every time you make contact with poultry
- Use complete protective equipment and masks, gloves and glasses if you want to make contact with birds.
- Cooking eggs and poultry meat thoroughly ripe
- Avoid places identified by bird flu
That is a brief description of bird flu. Hopefully you are always healthy and avoid the disease in order to be able to do normal activities. May be useful.